Practical Linux Power Server - IntroIn this series of guides I will show you how you can re-purpose a general workstation as a powerful yet easy to use server with a useful GUI.
The aim of this series is to create easy to follow mini guides that you can access from a browser while installing and customising your Practical Linux Power Server (PLPS).
This is how I do it. It works for me. It may not be the best approach for you.
The structure of the guides.
- General Information on Linux - Hints, Tips and cool things.
- Hardware including peripherals.
- Low Memory? Use a swap file
- Operating system installation.
- Operating system customisation.
- Operating system security.
- Base applications and configurations.
- Restoring applications using dselect
- Web applications.
- Database applications.
- Commercial applications.
- Penetration security.
- System monitoring.
- Backup and recovery.
Please be patient as this is work in progress and subject to change according to my whims. Content will follow soon. :-)